labels

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

winter is settling in

This morning I woke up to rain pouring down onto our tin roof. It was loud. And while I enjoy listening to it, I can't help but feel a little disappointed. If you know me, you'd know I'm not a fan of the cold weather. 

I felt disappointed because I'd planned to get up early and take my dogs for a run. And I felt disappointed because today we have plans to take my nephews fishing. 

Now, the dogs are still sleeping in their beds - they know it's raining and will not dare to go outside. And, my nephews are on their way here! What will we do? Maybe we'll just have to be as brave as this rosella sitting out the front of my window. He doesn't seem to care about the rain.

I now know winter is definitely settling in. I miss summer so much.

Chris x


No comments: