labels

Friday, March 11, 2011

I spoiled my own surprise!

Today marks my 25th birthday! A quarter of a century, five years from 30, right in the middle. 

I don't feel older though. I think back to my 21st - a backyard party with my closest family & friends... it doesn't feel that long ago, but in the past four years SO much has happened. I've moved houses three times, travelled overseas twice, got engaged & married the man whom I call my bestest mate, went to my first AFL grand final, lost a loved one, left a job I wasn't happy in &  began my own business - chrisp pictures!

I'm more than  happy where I am right now in my life. Being 25 is fun! There is so much ahead of me... I have the man who I love beside me & I can't wait to find out what's around the corner - I love surprises!

Unfortunately this birthday I spoiled my own surprise... Ben waited until I left the house to go and play netball. He got online & shopped for my gift. He found what he was looking for & purchased it. He used my account though to pay for the item & the company sent me a confirmation email. Knowing it would do so, he logged into my emails and deleted the evidence. However, the email also sent to my i-phone & I got it straight after my game of netball. When I read the email my first thought was someone had hacked into to my account & used my details... then I scrolled down and saw what the tickets were for and noted two adult tickets were purchased. My heart skipped a few beats, and I had that sick feeling in my stomach - I just read something I shouldn't have. I felt terrible, but very excited at the same time. 

My poor husband tried to go to the effort of surprising me & I, not even meaning it, spoiled everything! I'm really sorry Ben. But I'm so very thankful & very much looking forward to our outing together xxx

Chris x

No comments: